One of the final units that students undertake in their Centre for Pavement Engineering Education (CPEE) higher education programs is a capstone unit involving a project relevant to their work with support from a formal work-based mentor – student link.
For Semester 2, 2019 we would like to acknowledge the valuable help given by the following mentors to the success of our students who studied the Industry Research unit or the Work Based Project unit:
- Andrew J Causley: Program Director (Road Operations), Traffic Engineering Technology and Systems, Department of Transport and Main Roads, Queensland
- Jason Compton: Project Manager, Major Road Projects, Victoria
- Andrew Cray: Principal, Golder Associates, Western Australia
- Joe Grobler: Principal Professional Leader, Future Transport Infrastructure, Australian Road Research Board (ARRB), Queensland
- Ben Harries: Manager City Design and Transport, City of Whittlesea, Victoria
- Iain McLean: Pavement and Geotechnical Manager, Transport for NSW, New South Wales
- Andrew Monks: General Manager, Evans Clarke National, South Australia
- Andrew Smith: Principal Stormwater and Hydrology Engineer, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, South Australia
- Su Tao: Specialist Materials Scientist, Transport for NSW, New South Wales
- Ian Van Wijk: Technical Director Infrastructure, Aurecon, Queensland
- Mark Wiblen: Manager Corporate and Community, Singleton Council, New South Wales
Workplace mentors play an important role in this unit by keeping in contact with students throughout the semester, using their expertise and experience to provide valuable feedback and guidance. Workplace mentors also assist the CPEE Unit Chair grade the final reports produced by students.
Our special thanks to all current (and previous mentors) who make a very positive contribution towards our students successfully completing their units.