Fees UTAS Programs

UniTas BM P Pos RGB

University of Tasmania Programs


Before you can determine how much your fees will be you must find out what type of Fee Structure (Commonwealth Supported or Full Fee) paying applies to you and determine your Fee Type.

The following unit fee information is provided as a guide only for the below programs. Please refer to the University of Tasmania website for full details on the fees for these programs and the availability of Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP). http://www.utas.edu.au/

  • Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Professional Honours in Infrastructure Asset Management)
  • Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Professional Honours in Road Engineering & Construction)



BandCSP Student ContributionFull Fee Paying (domestic)Field of Education
  Per Unit Per Unit Code
2 2019: $1,169.00 2019: $2,704.00 030999

Commonwealth Supported Places


All Commonwealth supported places are substantially subsidised by the Australian Government so that students only pay 'student contribution' amounts for their units of study.

Eligible Commonwealth supported students (Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders) can use a HECS-HELP loan to help pay student contribution.

To be eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place, students must study onshore - for more information please see HECS-HELP Loans.

Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF)

It is a legislative requirement that you complete a CAF if you want to take up a Commonwealth supported place. To complete an eCAF log in to the Universities eStudent, and click on the Commonwealth Assistance tab.

If you use HECS-Help and defer your fees, you will need to include your Tax File Number (TFN).

Even if you pay your fees up-front or have a full scholarship, you still need to complete a CAF but you don’t need to include your TFN.

Important! Failure to complete a CAF can result in cancellation of your enrolment.


What is a Census Date?"

The census date is the last day you can withdraw from a subject without being financially liable

If you are enrolled in a unit at the census date you will be liable for the fees and charges for that unit for the relevant study period, even if you intended to withdraw from the unit.

Census dates do vary and should be checked

Students are responsible for ensuring their enrolment record is accurate. This means you must check you are enrolled in the correct units and finalise your enrolment by the census date that has been set for each unit.

It is not sufficient to advise the lecturer/Unit Chair that you will no longer be participating. If you do not wish to remain enrolled in a unit and incur the financial liability for it, you must formally withdraw from enrolment in that unit by completing a Variation of Enrolment Form and submitting to CPEE by the census date.

All withdrawals after the unit census date will incur financial liability, however you may withdraw from a unit without academic penalty depending on the date of withdrawal. The census dates and academic withdrawal dates are published as part of the Academic Principal Dates

You must finalise your arrangements for payment of your student contribution or unit and related fees by:

CPEE Programs

> making payment of your current or outstanding unit fees.

University of Tasmania Programs

> making an upfront payment of your current unit fees.

> submitting your completed request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form, or

> submitting your request for a FEE-HELP loan

The payment requirements will vary depending on the provider so ensure that you are aware of your individual fee responsibility on enrolment.

Each subject of study offered will have a census date. For all units not maintained directly by CPEE please refer to the individual unit provider for census date information.

Short Courses & Workshops
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Suite 9, 935 Station St Box Hill North VIC 3129 Australia
    +61 3 98905155
Follow us